Off to Volunteer today!
Going to pick up another shift at the Library Bookstore this morning. I was there yesterday to sub for someone in the morning and noticed that no one had signed up for Wednesday morning. So I will be there on my old shift, it was 10-12 every other week.
Wow you should of seen my book bag yesterday - so full that I couldn't fit the Breaking Dawn book in it! I had that one on reserve and it was ready for me with the second movie in the Twilight series. My daughter and I watched New Moon yesterday when she got home from school. Very good! I can see why they are so popular and girls can't wait until Nov 18th when the next movie comes out. My goal is to read all of the books and watch the other movies by then so maybe I would go to see that one at the theater. Saving money by getting the books and movies from the Library!!!!
I also got some new Oct & Nov Magazines again! People, Vanity Fair, Town & Country, Mpls/St.Paul Homes, etc. And used my $2 coupon for volunteering to get 5 books, average price .50 with 2 of them only a quarter!
Then this afternoon I am going to volunteer at the Emergency Food and Clothing location. The people that work and volunteer there are sooo nice. I get such a good feeling after I leave and feel helpful.
I haven't forgotten the job hunting -one of the jobs I recently applied for is at this same agency, so I hope the recommendation from here will give me that extra boost I need over all the other applicants! One of these days my phone will ring with an offer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment