Tuesday, October 18, 2011

THANKFUL

This week I am Thankful for what I have at this time.  I know there are some things I would like to change or buy eventually but I am alright with what I have right now.
I am thankful for my Family.  While I was gone this past weekend, my immediate family had fun, found enough to eat and managed just fine on their own when I was gone for a sisters' weekend.  My thrifty husband fixed the dripping shower for only $3.49 with some help with Google and Menards.  They even bought a new TV and got it all set up while I was gone.  WHAT!?!?  A new TV?  I thought we were broke and were going to wait on buying anything new.  Well ~it sounds like he used some money he had saved up and a bonus from work and it was a "good deal".  They were all happy when I got home and even the puppy was soooo excited she couldn't stop licking my face!
I am thankful for my family and the great time we had at Sisters' Weekend.  My Mom had us over to her house and we all brought great stuff to eat and some crafts to make!  I am glad we all get along and it was so fun to see my Mom, 8 Sister's, 1 Sister -in -law, 1 Brother and a bunch of lil nieces and nephews!    Only Mom, Sisters and the littlest babies stayed over night.  The others stopped by to visit, play, eat and look at the chickens.  We have the best time drinking pots of coffee, eating goodies and wonderful food made by all.  Then we stay up and talk late into the night.  3am on Friday night and 12:30 for me on Saturday night.   Great brunch food when we wake up too!  I love getting together and spending time with them.
I am thankful this year way before Thanksgiving.  It is important to me to think of all the good things in my life and enjoy what I have.

1 comment:

  1. How did you get to go to sleep at 12:30 on Sat?

    ReplyDelete