This post is called Redecorating or Stuff in the Attic. It has 2 names because the pictures show how I re~did one small area, yet with all the stuff in the attic* ~ I could redo more of the house for a NEW LOOK!
* attic meaning closets, lower level, basement, shelves, cupboards and boxes
![]() |
| Hallway Before |
![]() |
| Hallway After |
![]() |
| Bedroom Corner After |
Since we took pictures down from the walls and painted, the end of the hallway was left like this - a rose chest and rose picture never hung up. It had been so long there was dust around it when I moved them. Time for a change. I brought up from the 'attic' (lower level) a cute shelf that was made for me last year, some photo albums and a few books. Now they are on display and can be looked at easier and more often. I found a floral arrangement and will keep that there until Christmas decorating next week. The rose chest used to be in our bedroom and I put it back in there and moved a couple things around in there too. Nice new look for Cheap! Thrifty!
We have too many areas of the house in the lower 2 levels where we put all the extra stuff. That is why I call all of it the 'attic' during this post. Don't you just wish you had an old attic at the top of the house, and when you went up there you could find all kinds of treasures?
I have some things stashed in the closet, in boxes, on the shelves and in bins that have been decorations over the years. When we have painted they have been taken down and stored. Now the smart thing would be to get rid of them, but I like to keep it and remember the past. (And maybe use them again in an updated way)
Here is a shelf of fun things from our childhood, our wedding and when the kids were young. I can't get rid of these! So they will stay there and I will look at them once in a while. (And keep looking on Pinterest for new ideas)
![]() |
| One Shelf of the 'Attic' |
Next week it will be time to decorate for Christmas!




Cute and fun!- and I love decorating with what I have too and it's nice to change things around once in awhile.
ReplyDeleteI would love an attic! Modern houses just don't have them anymore. :( I have stuff all over too that I should get rid of but I just can't.