Fall update
Here everything is changing quickly. Most of the leaves have changed color and fallen off of the trees. We had about one day around here with the colored leaves, then it rained and most of the leaves fell off.
The pictures I got this year were of the 1 Red Maple tree in the back yard that had beeeauuuutiful red leaves late in the season. It was so windy yesterday that almost all of the rest of the leaves blew off that tree too! The leaves on the ground mostly blew away - I thought we would be able to rake them up and use to cover the rose bushes. But they are gone. Good thing that we can take pictures to view later and remember the wonderful autumn colors.
![]() |
| MAPLE TREE AT SUNRISE |
Last week I volunteered at one of my favorite spots again! The Library used bookstore! It has been quite awhile since I could do it, but this time it worked out to substitute volunteer for a couple hours. It is always a fruitful visit to the free magazine bins and I can always find books to buy for 50 cents and a dollar! I spent $2 and used my $2 coupon for volunteer hours. Here is my display of recent magazines (all of them Sept, Oct and Nov of this year-sometimes there are really old ones and some days really new ones)
![]() |
| A good variety of reading material. |
This morning is a rainy day, so it is nice to have the day off and stay inside. Had a busy weekend and now need to recharge. I do have a "to do" list today, so taking it easy for the morning only!
"TO DO"
CLEAN CLOSET-need to do it today because I always say that I will clean it on the next rainy day. And today is rainy...wait---I just saw the sun peeking out and its clearing up!
CLEAN BATHROOM FLOOR -it really needs to be done.
BAKE SOMETHING -I am hungry for Sour Cream Coffee Cake and I think I have all the ingredients.
TAKE DOWN HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS. Put away the Jack o'lanterns and the fake fall leaves that are almost all blown off the railing anyways. Darn, I didn't get them in before it rained. Well--now I will let them dry awhile.
(I can't leave them up because it is supposed to SNOW tomorrow and they don't look so good in the snow. They just don't go together, they just don't match. Some people are decorating for Christmas already, since it is already November!)
NOVEMBER ALREADY?
This Fall update should of been in October, but the month just flew by. You know how it is. I realize that I really enjoy fall too. I always thought Spring was my favorite season.
You know what? I really enjoy each day. (Mostly) There were some depressing, cold, rainy days without sunshine. I curled up in a blanket when I could take a nap. Needed to spend a lot of downtime resting and making it through the days. Tried to get by until payday by using what was in the cupboards for supper and staying home because there isn't extra money for gas or shopping.
But realizing how Grateful I am for everything we do have. And Friends and Family we do have. And a warm house.



Made muffins instead of coffee cake. Didn't have enough butter or margarine but had oil.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you. That maple tree is beautiful! Good luck with your surgery and I hope things will continue to get better for you and your family. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI love your tree! I was just telling Phil that we need to plant some trees that turn red in the fall - we just have orange and yellow. Hoping your surgery goes well and you are back to normal quick! Let me know how we can help!! ~Annette
ReplyDelete