Monday, February 11, 2013

Ouch

Ok - today I am going to complain just a little.
Ouch my mouth hurts.  One of the symptoms off and on during this chemo treatment has been dry mouth and irritations in my mouth.  Breathing through my mouth all night is tough on my tongue.  It hurts almost all day and I drink a lot of water, so you would think that would help.   I ran out of the special prescription mouth rinse/coating samples that they gave me at the Doctor's office and since I am going again tomorrow will tough it out.  That stuff is nasty-like a thick gel, but it works.   Today there is another area under my tongue that hurts.  I am thinking of things to eat that won't irritate it more -no grapefruit today! I ate cereal twice this morning -two different types!  And not the Captain Crunch like my son ate -that is tough on my mouth on a normal day.  I had my usual Frosted Mini Wheats and then the rest of the box of Lucky Charms. Now I am having a cherry Lifesaver -that is so good-my favorite flavor and it helps a lot.  Next may be a Popsicle.
Now on to better topics.
The Sun came out today!! I love the sun if you haven't noticed on my previous posts.  I sat at the dining room table with the sun warming me up through the deck door windows.  It felt wonderful.  It is so bright out there with all the new snow. Although I will stay inside most of the day - I am the lucky one that gets Mondays off and doesn't need to go anywhere.  We are getting cabin fever around here -it is that time of the year when we dream about green grass and flowers and beaches and water.
And I got a part time-work at home job!  My neighbor has some busy work that needs to be done -putting training binders together and has hired me to help.  Just a few hours but it may be more if she gets busier later in the month.  No nap today!!
I am feeling so much better that I really don't need to nap every day! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those side effects sound miserable! Thanks for the update, I have been thinking of you. Yay for the part time job- sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete