Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Countdown!

3 left! Only three chemo treatments left out of this round of 12.  Wow--- the weeks go by very fast! Especially when I am feeling better.  I am able to do most things and work.  I think it is a blessing that I can work at my friend's store - don't have to go in until noon and she is very accommodating when I need to rest.  I really enjoy my mornings off-able to drink coffee, have breakfast, check emails and catch up on Facebook and scrabble games. Then I can get ready for work and it is fun there because it is prom season,  busy and the work day goes so fast.  My hubby is so good at having supper ready when I get home and he even does the dishes while I rest my tired feet. <3

--Update from the last post-- I did take a nap that day.  Snuggled up under a blanket on the couch and it felt soooo good.  I guess I needed it and because it was my day off and I could sleep in the afternoon.  The good news is I did get most of the stuff done on my Mondays "to do" list.  Good thing it was a list in my head and not written down so I could change it!!!! ;)  Ha Ha

Countdown also to March! My favorite month of the year, warmer weather and birthday month. When we make it past January here in Minnesota we feel the worst of the winter is over.  February is a short month -it is already towards the end!!!  I love it.  One thing around here is the start of the Friday night fish frys during Lent.  We try to make it to a few of them and meet up with friends and family.  The kids decided they don't like them so will stay home.  Otherwise we get fish from McDonalds, there is usually a special deal with fries and we have an easy Friday night supper.   Looking into the March schedule, Easter is at the end of the month and that is also such a special time.  I will decorate with all my Spring and Easter decos-I have gotten a lot because my birthday is around that time.  The house will look beautiful and maybe the snow will have started to melt outside.










Picture time.  I think my hair is starting to grow back too!  I thought it wouldn't until after the chemo is all done.  But it looks like it is fuzzy and longer!!! Really light.  I took some pictures that I will upload one so you can see me without hair. I have been wearing a wig that looks just like my last haircut so people don't really notice.
Favorite soft hat that I wear around the house.

 
A new look for me.

Ready for work.

















It's really weird, just about 3 weeks ago or so, I noticed that my eyebrows were sparse and then most of the eyelashes came off my right eye.  Yesterday there was only one left!  The other eye still has eyelashes....? what's up with that?   So I had to start using eyeliner to make it seem like there is something there.  I already used eyebrow pencil since you couldn't really see my eyebrows since they were so light normally.  
What a change from 5 months ago!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you are nearly done and starting to feel better. Wishing you a happy hair growing time!

    ReplyDelete