Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Doin Pretty Fine

I'm doin pretty fine with this treatment.  Had the 5th out of 12 cycles yesterday of Taxol.  Feeling good except for a few minor symptoms.  I don't want this to be a "caring bridge" site but wanted to give an update.
  One of the side effects is dry mouth, stuffed nose at night then during the day a drippy nose -annoying!  I asked the doctor and he said it is a side effect of the chemo. Had a great Dr visit yesterday and when this round is over the cancer is pretty much gone, because the tumors have already shrunk!!!  Will not worry about surgery at this time but that will be the next step.
  Realized today the neuropathy may be setting in my fingers, there is a chance of tingling and numbness in the fingers, hands, toes and feet.  So far only one finger felt weird once in a while.  Then yesterday I reached for my ice water during treatment and spilled it all over my peanut butter toast.  (Yes, I eat during treatment -there are wonderful volunteers that bring me toast and yesterday I was so hungry that I had graham crackers, toast and chicken noodle soup!)
   Then this morning I spilled coffee all over the coffee table...and it went all over on the lower shelf where there are photo albums, books and magazines. What a mess, hopefully they dry out ok.  But that made me think my fingers are a little affected by this and during the 12 cycles it might progress or get worse or it might not get bad at all.
  Anyways that's a minor inconvenience compared to the last round.
  Oh yeah -- the 2nd day I get flushed cheeks for a little while, so I even look healthy and rosy cheeked! :)
                                       I am feelin fine!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and your positive attitude goes a long way towards your return to health!

    ReplyDelete