I wrote this on 1/17/14 and I didn't post it until now. I will do another update today too.
I have been feeling it's all about me lately. I start every sentence with I. I keep talking about me. I tell stories about my life. I think that I am boring my hubby and kids. I don't know if it's because of all the cancer treatment I have been through this past year that I had to ask for so much for myself. I have received lots of help and prayers. I had a lot of posts on Facebook because I had time and I loved the feedback. I watched a lot of TV talk shows so there were a lot of current events to talk about. I read a bunch of magazines, newspapers and books, then would talk about something I felt was interesting. I felt talkative after being home alone during the day. I am almost running out of minutes on our cell phone contract this month, because I must of called and talked quite a bit with a lot of people.
I know I had to focus on my health. I know I had to have a positive attitude during this time. I felt I had to reassure the family that I would be OK. I had a lot of pain. I didn't hide it, they knew about all my aches. I would feel better and they would know. I was so proud of the day when I made supper again for the family!
I have gone back to work part-time, starting out slow the first week 4-6 hours a day. I wasn't feeling so tired because I could sit for most of the time. I was a little stressed out at the end of the day coming home, but I felt good! I worked the second week longer shifts, because I was needed. I even worked the Bridal Expo and stood for 5 hours. I am able to help out at the front of the store when it is busy. I don't lift wedding dresses yet, but I can lift and hang up 3 prom dresses or mother dresses at a time. I feel MUCH better stretching up my arms after this surgery versus the mastectomy. I can feel it in my abdomen though, when I get tired from sitting or bending a lot. I can walk around and stretch and feel better.
I feel the fatigue is lifting - I haven't taken naps some days and I am sleeping better. I think some of the swelling has gone away. I did find some regular bras to wear, now that the incisions are healed. I didn't think I would be bigger than I was, but actually some of of the bigger cup bras are fitting better. I don't want to buy new until I know what size is going to fit the best. I have a follow up Doctor appointment next week-so hope to be feeling almost back to normal again!! I am feeling better most of the time now-- Lovin and Livin Life!
Of course it's all about you! You went through a major life changing event and it was important to focus on yourself so you could fight the battle. It's almost impossible to care for others until you are in shape yourself. And I know you are a sweet and caring person so don't be so hard on yourself!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carol!! You are my best reader and commentator!! I appreciate the support and reassurance. I hope everything is going well for you too!
ReplyDelete