After all that snow and the coldest weather in 25 years, finally winter in Minnesota is ending! This start to the year 2014 has been awfully long and seemingly never ending. Cold records were broken and we were almost broken.
Most mornings I wanted just to stay snuggled under a blanket on the couch and most evenings I went to bed early to get comfortable and warm under the covers. Whenever I could, I would take it easy. Especially when I finished a long day at work and just needed to sit down or stretch out. I am healed up, but there is still some swelling in my abdomen after standing or working. Which makes sense because I was cut open from hip to hip and then sewn back together. One of the most awful things to think about and my stomach still feels queasy when I imagine it.
It is SO Good to be busy again and able to work. And it has been busy at work. I love the excitement there and the distractions from problems. Also a person needs something to get up for each day and getting dressed up makes you feel much better. I would just take it easy every day if I didn't have to go to work. I would be so lazy and only do what needed to be done!! I know its common to still have fatigue from chemotherapy and radiation after a year. And considering my major surgery was only 3 months ago. But the tiredness and chemobrain fuzziness is lifting and getting better!! March 7 is one of my cancerversaries. One year ago I was done with Chemo! YAHOO!
I am so grateful for my longtime friend Carrie who gave me hours to work at her store, when no one else would hire me. She is an inspiration and has done well and it is wonderful to work with her. It's a place where you need to look your best and dress up. So each day I try to get my hair to look decent and it's getting longer and needs more time to dry and style. Some days it is curly and when it is so dry around here, it doesn't need washing every day. Saves me some time in getting ready.
This picture you can really see how long my hair is getting!! It is about 1 year after it started regrowing!
This is my beautiful daughter who loves taking selfies and tries to get me in her pictures. This time I let her take it because my hair was decent and I was dressed for work.
It is sunny today and going to be 45+ degrees outside!!!!!! I am taking the doggie for a walk now.
Thanks for the update- happy things are going so well for you! And glad to hear your winter is giving you a break finally! Love your hair!
ReplyDeleteYes I will post green pictures soon!! You wouldn't believe how fast the snowbanks are melting and we can see the ground again in the back yard! I even saw 4 robins yesterday-a sure sign of spring around here.
ReplyDeleteAbout my hair-thanks! It did come back curly like the oncologist thought it would. I have a hard time styling it-still working that out with different hair products and air drying vs blow drying.
ReplyDelete