Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Little things

Little things, observations to comment on
Little things, to make a difference
Little things, to smile about
Little things, that make up the day
Little things, livin life by me.

This post may be a little random, its a list of the little things that I have been thinking about lately.
Or that I have had happen to me lately and I just feel like writing about. I think they may be interesting.
But maybe it's just life and the many everyday details that we all have and I feel like talking about it more than others do. That is part of the reason I write this blog -I can write about it instead of talking about it, that way I don't use up all my minutes on my cell phone and my family and friends don't get bored with me always talking!!  ;) ?!! :)

In no particular order:

  • Eyelashes - who knew they were so important?  Mine are growing in now -about half as long as normal length.  Without them my eyelids seem like they stuck together.  I notice the left side is better now because those eyelashes are longer (the hair on my head on the left side is longer too) and the right side is bothering me.  It seems like they are not long enough yet on that side and interfering with my vision. It seems blurry or there is something in my eye.  Yesterday I verified it feels the same when my contact is out.   Today my contact just popped out when I blinked my eye. I think the eyelashes are like curling in instead of out.  
  • fee-bee     fee-bee    Lately I have been hearing the bird that sounds like this. I googled Phoebe and found out we don't have Phoebe's around here.  It's the Black-capped Chickadee!! http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/black-capped_chickadee/id  (click on >Typical Voice to hear it) Maybe I knew that years ago and forgot it?  Anyways I am glad you can Google it and hear the sounds of birds to make sure.  Also I checked out Great Blue Heron ~because there were some large birds flying overhead to the swamp across the road and making weird noises.  I think that is what they are, very big and loud!  
  • Birthdays  _we have celebrated some special birthday's here.  It is the best of times and worst of times with a 16 year old daughter!  We are going to go shopping together with our birthday money and that will be a great outing together!  Now the son wants to go shopping for shorts and if I bring him first the daughter will be mad.  Us girls will take a longer time for shopping and I have to be feeling up to it.  It is getting closer to the time when we can go.  I did stop at the store to get treats for our cute puppy dog who turned 3 yesterday.  She gets a Birthday present too! 
  • DR. Appointments -yesterday and today.  Had a CT Scan yesterday with markings to prepare for the radiation treatments.  The appointment was quick and painless, only 5 minutes laying there with my arms up above my head.  Luckily my arms are stretched out and feeling better-2 weeks ago, I don't think I could of done it.  It will be about 2 weeks while they plan out the treatment, then I will start Radiation for 6 weeks.  Today I am going to a Physical Therapy appointment for an update, I think I will get more information for what I will need after healing from the mastectomy. 
  • Going to the store!  This gets an exclamation point or two!!  I felt well enough and stopped at a grocery store after my doctor appointment yesterday.  Did some shopping on my own!!  I like getting certain things like crackers, veggies and fruit at Aldi's.  It is off brand for all the food, but like crackers and chips they taste great-just like wheat thins and triscuits. After I was in the veggie area and bought all the stuff for salsa, I had to go back to get tortilla chips.  Will be making that today ~yesterday ran out of steam.  I did have to take it easy and slow at the store, putting my things in 5 bags instead of 3 and trying to buy light items, carrying in one bag at a time.  My armpits hurt a little, but it was not too bad!!   Get this - while I was by the mangoes, an older lady leaned over and I thought she wanted a plastic bag, but she quietly said to me "did you have cancer?"  At first I was a little shocked, but said "yes, could you tell?"  She said her niece had a lot of hats when she was going through cancer treatment and we talked briefly - she was real nice, wishing me the best.    I realized not very many people are wearing hats now that it is warm out, my hair is still short enough so it doesn't show much, and my chest is flat.  But I wasn't too self-conscious going to the store that way and wasn't too offended by the nice lady...
  • My contact almost came out again when I blinked.  If I look close in the mirror, I can see one or two lashes rubbing on my eye.  They need to grow more outwards today.
  • Recipes on FB and Pinterest-oh my gosh, there are so many!  After my grocery store trip I have lots of ideas of what to make with the items I bought.  That will be another post, but here is a hint --above information about what I bought at Aldi's for yummy salsa.  And this salad.  And these smoothies.
  • May 1 already -Happy May Day!!  I want to buy someone flowers to make their day happier.  I might do a random act of kindness and today would be a great day to do it!  here are some for you -
  • Thinking ahead -thankful for today-slowly getting back to normal.
  • Making supper-another thing that I did the other day because I was feeling better!!  I made bacon, eggs, hash brown patties and toast.  That made the hubby happy because he didn't have to figure out what was for supper and he didn't have to make it and do the dishes.
  • There is a small decrease in swelling and does seem better every day.  I am taking 3 Advil at a time, it should help the inflammation and pain.
  • Texts from daughter, hubby and son that make me smile.
  • Worry about what to wear, it is different picking out clothes that fit or don't any more.  It is time to go shopping and get some summer clothes too!  Then I have to get back to work so I can make some money to pay for things to wear to work.  Hmm, that sounds like something I need to explore and think about some more.....
  • Last but not least -the weather.  I have mentioned before that any Minnesota blog has to have a weather update.  This year has been the worst Spring ever ~ it took forever for it to warm up and we kept having snow in April.  Now on May 1st there are chances for snow again.  #$%^&%#@% Yuck. So far we don't have any this morning and I selfishly hope it stays south of us!
There.  I got it all out and done for now, gotta go!  Now if you call me, we can talk about You!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! This post made me chuckle! :) Maybe I should start writing a blog too, because I think I babble on like that a lot too! :) We must be sisters! Hope you keep feeling better and the radiation goes quickly. Hope those eyelashes cooperate for you, too! Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete