Honey and Cinnamon works well for a tickle/cough that was waking me up at night. My sister Kari suggested to take a spoonful of honey with cinnamon on it before I went to bed last night. I was coughing when I was talking to her and as soon as I took the honey and cinnamon my throat felt soothed. Nice! That little irritating dry throat with a slight cough was gone. I did not wake up at all last night. And the 2 nights previous I was up every two hours and couldn't stop coughing. I would drink some water, take some advil, prop up my pillows, try a cough drop and then get a little sleep, until it started all over again. Drink some water, go to the bathroom, suck on the cough drop again, making sure I take it out before I did fall asleep, etc. Hubby and puppy didn't like being woke up so often. But last night -sleep!
THANKS for the idea Kari!
This is my second health related post. The first one is to get outside in the sun, even if it is sitting on the deck in the sun for 15 minutes. It feels so good and we need lots of vitamin D here in the north. Today we walked around the yard (me and Cali puppy) in the wind for awhile. Leaves are blowing everywhere. I will get a couple pictures of how yellow they turned almost overnight. A few reds here and there.
Awesome and simple remedy! I love it!
ReplyDeletegood idea, I will have to remember that!
ReplyDelete