Monday, January 2, 2017

Pie Review

Pie Review of Thanksgiving 2016



Here is  a quick review of the 6 pies served this year at Thanksgiving.  (In no particular order)
Yes, I tried all 6 of them!  Little pieces of them and only a bite of a few, but it was still a lot of Pie!


#1 Pumpkin Pie
Picture from the internet.
Awesome traditional Pumpkin pie with Whipped Cream.  The whipped cream was the can of real sprayed cream.  Just fine and tasted great! Unusual for my family, most of the time we have had real whipped cream.  Usually made right before serving the pie - in the Kitchen Aid, with a little vanilla and powdered sugar.
Don't want to pass up this one, it was as good as every year.  It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!  Making one at home today so we have more!


#2 Pumpkin buttermilk with Cardamom.
First time trying this and it was super!  Very Creamy with the buttermilk.  You have to love the cardamom spice, there is a lot!  Some thought it was pepper sprinkled in the pie! Made by my sister, I think it may be a Finnish recipe?


#3 Cherry Pie
Picture of my Nephew's serving of Cherry Pie.


Yum, I love cherries!  This was made with traditional pie crust and a lattice top.  By the time I got to it, there were more cherries left than crust, so I just took a few bites of the fruit.  Very tasty and made by a talented nephew.



#4 Grapefruit Meringue Pie
Yes you heard right.  This pie is made just like a lemon pie, but with grapefruit pulp and juice.  My Mom said it only took 1 grapefruit to make.  I thought it was better than with lemon. A very good alternative.



HA HA HA, I started this blog post after Thanksgiving.  Only got done with 4 reviews and saved it.  Now I can't remember the other 2 pies!!!  Oh no, should I post unfinished or not? Yes, yes I will.
Then I will post some late 2016 posts to start the New Year.  Need to finish some of my goals, better late than never!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment