Lots of them. Roller Coaster.
Feeling great, then feeling bad, excited then depressed. Happy then Sad. Good news, Hope and then bad news, another call and Hoping again, then next call --a delay! Think Positive, then Think negative, will I ever get a break? Broke, and then Payday, pay bills, then wondering about where the next paycheck will come from and when. Worries and Stress this week.
My full time job ended up with part time hours. Then No hours. None until June. Disappointing and here I thought I would be getting a regular paycheck again.
I am back looking for another job. There were some possible temporary positions again, and I was sure that I could start somewhere right away. Well --now it sounds like the Office jobs that I want are either filled or they don't interview for another week or two......
Advertised positions are part time hours, weekend work and low pay.
And if they could pay a little more around here. $10 an hour? Ridiculous. I made more per hour 25 years ago!!!!!! It is not time to go backward. My goal was more hours and more pay.
Here is an example of a position I applied for lately. Sounds great and all I want to do is start today!!
"Communications Center Representative
Top Job
Located in Saint Cloud, MNLooking for a professional opportunity to use your strong customer service and administrative skills long term? Our client needs a personable, customer service skilled candidate to assist business clients answering phones, tending to client order details, entering orders fast and accurately while assisting with other administrative duties as needed. Lots of variety and ability to multi-task your skills in this fulltime position working 8 am - 5 pm M-F through October at least. This smaller office will rely on your skills and talents so excellent attendance and dependability are key to success in this important role. Looking for a terrific opportunity to get connected with a large company working from this regional office? Apply today at _____________________Call for details _______________. Position offers a competitive salary, benefits and opportunity for long term potential!"
A friend at the Library found some books for me!! Look at all of them!
NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!
I know, I know, I keep trying. I will probably have to take a crappy low paying job with weekend work so we can eat around here. How things change from one month to the next.
Now the good news.
I can get a lot done around our house, make some meals out of nothing (use up what's in the cupboard and freezer) Thankfully I am really good at that, and we could buy some groceries this week. Most of the bills got paid / mostly on time. I have some gift cards to use, so a little shopping can be done.
I can Volunteer and help out at the Library Bookstore. It was good timing because extra help was needed. I am young, healthy and can get there easily. It is a wonderful, happy place and I am thankful they need me! I am making a difference and helping out. I love it! (One of My Happy Places!)
I can help out with family and friends. Special people need some extra time right now and it is great to spend time with them. Neighbors, Best Friends and Wonderful Mother-in-Law!!!
| Celebrate the good times! |
I can read and move my books to my new bookshelf! I can start the outdoor gardening and decorating. I can go on long walks with the doggie. I can sit on the deck in the sun and enjoy some of the great weather. (One of My Happy Places!)
I spend time with my Family and they appreciate that I am at home. Most of the time -I think they do! Happy Hour with Hubby is a good way to spend time together. And forget about problems.
There is always SOMETHING to do that is Fun, Enjoyable, Positive and Mostly Free.
So I continue to blog because I have time and try to be livin' life!
No comments:
Post a Comment