Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I had a good excuse...

I had a good excuse why there hasn't been a blog post lately.
I will spare you all the reasons and just post a new one for the New Year!!!
 

Happy 2016!!  and I mean happy.  be happy. stay happy and enjoy the start of a new year.
We went through some hard times and I am so happy things are better.
Actually Life happened, which is good news most of the time, right?  We are still  here trudging along, making it through the days or dancing sometimes and making it a great day.

Ok so when it got dark around here, there was a little blue tree lit up that I could see from my kitchen window or driving home. It was in the distance and it was last year when I first saw it during the Christmas season.  Then I realized it was in the middle of nowhere. No house nearby and there normally isn't a tree there.  This is in the empty lots where the deer live nearby in the trees.
So this year it appeared again and I wanted to solve the mystery.  How does it get there and stay lit up?  So the week after Christmas I realized it might not be there much longer and we had better go look.  My hubby said wait till it gets darker outside and we will go on a walk with the doggie. Then I almost didn't feel like it, I was comfy on the couch.  But I changed my mind and we put on boots, warm sweatshirts, winter coats, hats and mitts and the doggie got her coat put on too and we went to check it out.  It is an artificial tree staked in place with lights and a battery pack!  It really is temporary, because last night it was gone. And we went just in time to take pictures.
Awesome job and we thank whoever brings it out there for the neighborhood to enjoy!


Here is a fun winter thing to do for no reason except its free and cool.  Fun for all the kids and those that act like a kid sometimes.  Take an empty water bottle and insert a pine branch. Add water and glitter or fake snow.  The instructions I saw on Pinterest also had the teacher hot gluing the cap on the bottle.  You can do that if you have little kids that may want to open it and pour out the water.  Shake bottle every once in awhile.  You can see how it magnifies the pine branches.  Pretty.


Family and Friends - I have to get going.  Happy Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment