I logged into my blog because that may keep me awake --if I type up my thoughts.
And my laptop is working well tonight! There has been some technical difficulties around here this summer which has made it hard to keep blogging.
The laptop I use is from a wonderful friend/neighbor. She had let me use it on a permanent loan when she got a new one. It was during the "hard times" and I am forever grateful.
It has been working pretty well since. Pretty well --if you don't count the things that don't work.
It needs to be constantly plugged in for power, the battery doesn't work one bit. So not much mobility for a laptop.
Then our dog chewed on the F10 key when it came loose (but what do we need that for?)
Another weird thing is when I was checking my emails and sending, the backspace didn't work. But you figure out how to work around that with the mouse, arrows and delete button!
For most of the summer the WLAN light and button would click in and out, off and on. So while on the internet- using the wireless connection- there was constant reloading and refreshing. One of our kids fixed it for awhile with a small nail and blue painters tape to hold it in place. That worked and we put up with the inconvenience. Or you could hold the button in place. But when it was mostly OFF and not ON much anymore and my patience was gone---I took it apart, looked at it and snapped it back on tight. Fixed!! No tape needed. Wow, why didn't I do that sooner???
Sooooo back to blogging!!!
I have so many ideas, where do I start?
I will list them here and then expand on each in future posts. I promise I will. Soon. Before the rest of the year is over.
Ideas for posts:
Graduation Party in June.
Update on Gardens.
Black shoes.
Crafts (book marks, Cancer ribbons and words)
New Quarry Park.
(sneak peak at picture here)
Well -I couldn't find that picture, so here is a different one that makes me smile! Oh yeah -the main drive on the laptop is almost full, so it runs real slow . So I cleaned up and deleted a bunch of files and moved pictures off to a USB thumb drive to try to fix that issue. I must have moved the picture I wanted to show you. So it will be found and put into the real post.
More ideas:
Neighborhood shenanigans.
Little Free Libraries.
Job hunt update.
Anniversary Trip.
Renn Fest.
My good neighbor.
Walking in the morning.
So that did the trick, I am not sleeping on the couch!! Instead of falling asleep early down on the couch, I blogged again. Got something productive done tonight.
Besides the technical problems, I have been keeping quite busy and occupied this summer SO that is another reason for no recent blog posts.
Beautiful days /outside enjoying the season. Working my wonderful part time job. Volunteering a bit. Spending time with the hubby. Family (quick 2 day) Vacation trip. Walking the dog. Facebook updates. Projects, lots of projects.
Things have been great this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment