The Sun is Out, but it is -20 degrees below zero. With a windchill of -45 degrees!
I am Stayin Inside!!!
| Cali with Coat on, Sun Shinin in Window |
Baby it's Cold Outside.
January in Minnesota, schools closed today.
Dogs need coats and boots to go outside, COLDER than COLD.
Stay inside and drink coffee and hot chocolate. Stay inside and play Scrabble.
Keep telling kids that you are not going anywhere, one more day to sleep in and stay warm.
Maybe Bake something to warm up the kitchen? That always helps to keep it toasty inside.
Sit in the SUN right inside the window-lots of sunshine streaming in the deck door-just keep it closed. Actually got HOT after sitting there for about 5 minutes yesterday with my face to the bright light. I really wish that we could absorb Vitamin D through the windows. I always Google that just to verify.
I have been so hungry lately. Feeling like I could eat all morning, feeling like I can't get full, going to make toast this morning. Be right back......
This should help. Whole wheat toast, one piece with chunky peanut butter and one piece with honey. The honey was made this past summer by the the local neighborhood bees! One of our neighbors keeps bees and we bought one quart from them and then they brought over another pint for a Christmas present. Yum!
Look how beautiful it is!
Oh Summer, I miss you! If I won the lottery-I would immediately book a flight direct from here to Sunny Arizona or Florida for a winter vacation! (that's another blog idea "if I won the lottery and a list of things I would spend the money on!") Too bad I don't play the lottery! ;) Can't see spending/wasting money on tickets. Also don't have any money to buy tickets! Would rather buy something good to eat!
Summer reminds me that we do have a bag of green beans in the freezer --from our garden. I see them each time I look for something for supper. We used some in a chicken stir fry the other week and they tasted great! Did I tell you before the new way we like to make green beans? Fried up in a pan with garlic and onions. There is a recipe with bacon grease, but it didn't taste as great as it sounds. Sounds like I will find something to go with Green Beans for supper tonight.
Speaking of that --Health Update-- I made supper 2 nights in a row for the family~ I am feeling better, felt much better 4 weeks post surgery, even celebrated New Years Eve with hubby and good friends. Although part way through the evening I did change out of jeans into fleece pajamas so my abdomen would be more comfortable. They were longtime friends so when I told them not to laugh, they did!
I also can open jars easier and reach to the 2nd shelf in the upper cupboards. I can bend, reach down and move around. Still sore and healing, using lots of Vitamin E on the scars, and wearing sweats around the house. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks after surgery and I am moving around, not quite normal, but getting there!
It's a cold start to the New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment