This one is a great Bean Dip/Salsa recipe with apple cider vinegar. I have made it before and we like it with the 'scoops' chips. That way you get some of the sauce with each bite. I usually don't have pimentos on hand and also didn't put jalapenos in it this time. We also make a great tomato and jalapeno salsa often around this time of year. Buying tomatoes because the deer got most of our tomato plants this year and it is a late growing season around here.
Bean Dip/Salsa
Peanut Butter FingersThis one is a very old recipe, I don't even remember who wrote it for me. But I do remember making these when I was a teenager living at home. Looks like we were confused at how much soda and salt. I bet it would still be OK either way -even if you put 1 1/2 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp soda!! When I bake a lot of times I measure the salt in my hand anyways. Sometimes I don't even add the chocolate chips -the family didn't know the recipe called for them!
And then the second side of the recipe clarifies you need the sweetened condensed milk. I had to add more than 2 tablespoons to make it thin enough to drizzle on top.
This recipe makes 2 pans so it is great to make when you need to bring one pan to a gathering and still have one pan to eat at home!
After I had made these the last time, I saw a similar recipe on Pinterest that uses a whole can of sweetened condensed milk and looked much better! I will put that link here so you don't have to try use the above recipe!! chocolate-peanut-butter-bars Very similar and I will try this one next time.
Although using up the rest of the can of sweetened condensed milk in coffee sure tastes good too! Stir a spoonful or 2 in a cup of hot coffee and it almost tastes like caramel. Yum!
OK I am getting hungry.
Also did you know the whole kitchen smells good like peanut butter when your wonderful bored daughter decides to make Monster Cookies?!?


No comments:
Post a Comment