Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lame

I am sitting home today growing hair.
That is what I told my dear daughter the other day as she left for school and she laughed.  My attempt at joking again.  Lame but it is a little funny and true!  My hair is growing and each day it looks longer!
Also growing are my eyelashes - they are maybe 1/16 inch long, but at least I can see them!  Today if I look closely - it looks like eyebrows are coming in too!   And I will need to shave my legs again next time I shower.  Yes this week I can shower again and that feels great! TMI?  Well ~that's about how exciting it is around here this week.... Still sore under the arms and numb in the chest and now my legs think they are lame too.  They don't want to move around too much, and then when I am sitting too long, my butt gets tired and wants to lay down -- so it is up to bed to take a nap.

Actually when I feel good I like to joke around, laugh and sing parts of songs stuck in my head.
la la la, lala
When I am not feeling good I whine, sleep and eat.
pink snowballs

My family is being very patient and still getting things for me and doing a lot around the house.  Thankfully!

Actually I really have started the exercises from the Physical Therapist and move around the house a lot better. Some of the exercises I can do sitting or laying down-just the type I like!  I try not to sit all day but it has been a long week.  Thinking of getting out of the house again, but now it is snowing again and maybe I won't run the 2 errands I have today.  Tomorrow would work out just fine to go instead......
I am such procrastinator.

The other thing I like to do when it is snowy or raining outside and when I feel good is to bake.  The easiest thing to bake is muffins.  I keep seeing the recipe on Facebook for Donut or Snickerdoodle Muffins (they are also called French Breakfast Muffins) and they look so good!! After baking- you roll the top in butter and then cinnamon sugar.  We made them in school years ago - home ec class and I have made them over the years because they are soo good.  Just might have to make them today because the blueberry yummy ones my mom brought me are all gone.
Also should look for something to put in the crock pot for supper -there are a lot of those recipes that are easy too!
What's up with that on Facebook?  Everybody is showing recipes (or is it just one person over sharing?) and making me hungry all the time.

I have to go eat or take a nap, shower or something!!  Bye for now.

P.S. did you know pictures you take of yourself are called "selfies?"
I learned that from the Ellen show when Sophie Grace and Rosie
were on there!  They are so cute!
Love this pink Hope deco that one of my wonderful sisters made for me!!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha - I like your joke! Your hair is growing fast! I don't think you're the only one unmotivated and procrastinating in this yucky weather... Those muffins do sound good - you might have to post the recipe! - Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your joke too- growing hair is a hard job! ;) It's so fun teasing your kids. Remember to be patient with yourself too. I also call them French Breakfast Muffins- now you've got me hungry for them! Thanks for the update- I have been thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the hair growing its getting longer! I remember those muffins they were good. Get the recipe posted I want to make them. love you! Your favourite sister Kari ;)

    ReplyDelete