Friday, April 12, 2013

Flowers to make you feel better!

Here is my view from the couch.  I LOVE all the flowers as I am recovering -- it has been 10 days since Surgery and these special gifts have made me feel so much better!!  There was also a dozen pink roses that were so beautiful.  Also candy, food, calls and special treatment from my family has made me feel so much better!!  I haven't blogged lately because I also have been under the influence of pain medication that has made me feel so much better!!  Ha ha, not taking any yet today and I still feel good!!  I feel much better 10 days after, compared to last week!  ***I won't kid you--it wasn't all roses and the surgery was a huge deal for me and I am still sore.***  I was worried and my family was worried and we were all anxious.  Then I read a prayer from the information sent from the hospital and felt so much better.  We prayed that same prayer before leaving to the hospital in the early morning and I felt prepared.  Here it is:

Prayer Before Surgery
Creator and Source of Life,
I am in a vulnerable situation.
I bring you any apprehensions I have.
I open my being to your comforting presence.
I long for your strength to be with me.
When I am in the operating room, guide the hands of the surgeons
and all who will be caring for me.  You will be with me no matter
what the outcome of surgery is.
Let me not doubt your abiding presence.
I take hold of your welcoming hand
and entrust my entire self to your care.
You will help me to face what I must.
Fill me with peace and tranquility.
Thank you for your great love for me.  Amen
                                         Sister Joyce Rupp, OSM



When I went upstairs to get this, I saw my bed and took a nap.  Sorry for the delay ;)


Thanks for all the SUPPORT and PRAYERS, my mastectomy surgery went well.  I received great results back and that technically means the cancer is gone!!  Now I still need radiation to reduce the chances in the future and will still have reconstruction surgery later in the year, but this 2nd step is done too!!!!!  The Hospital surgeon and nursing staff  were wonderful and my family was there all day for me. I was home the next evening.  Everybody took great care of me at home too.

This Lily provided a wonderful fragrance.

Beautiful Flowers from Wonderful family.
This is actually the view on the other side of the flowers.  Yes -we received 10 inches of snow in the last day.-yuck.  So I am ESPECIALLY HAPPY to have flowers in the house.  Since this is such a late spring and no flowers outside yet.  Everybody is getting cabin fever around here.

Isn't this a cute nurse?

Special card with a pink flower from special people!

I am so Grateful and Thankful to be Livin Life Again!

3 comments:

  1. That prayer says it all!
    I am so happy to hear of the wonderful results that came back and that the surgery was so successful. :)
    Remember to have lots of patience for yourself in the times ahead. Be patient with your recovery and your emotional well-being. Don't be hard on yourself!
    Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! I am taking it easy and will stay home for awhile still. Got out for fresh air to the doctor this afternoon and then stopped to see everyone at the Bridal & prom dress store for a short time. My daughter drove me and she asked if I wanted to go anywhere else -she wanted to drive more! (fairly new permit driver)
    Now it's nice to be home again -short trips outside are enough for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the new driver! My kids were the same way! Sometimes I would be making supper and would say- shoot, I'm out of (whatever) and they would say....SHOULD I RUN TO THE STORE AND GET YOU SOME?!!!!
    I'm glad you are resting and feeling up to getting out for a little jaunt today!
    Keep on resting and I will pray healing thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete