Friday, March 29, 2013

Prayers Needed


Prayers are needed for the next part of this "bump in the road".  I will need to have surgery and then some radiation.  Then I found out the reconstruction surgery is after all that.  So it is still a long road ahead to get over this cancer.  There is still positive news that things will be fine after all the treatment, but I guess it all seems like a lot.  Originally CHEMOTHERAPY seemed like the worst part of the treatment and I still do believe that it was and know that I got through it with definite positive results!!!



Latest update - surgery scheduled for Tuesday April 2nd.  It will be a bilateral mastectomy because I do not want to be lopsided or have to go through this again in the future on the other side.  So have talked to the surgeon and it is about a 3 hour surgery early in the morning.  Need to be there at 5:15 am  for a 7 am surgery!!!  OH No that is early... but I guess I won't miss my coffee that soon in the morning.  I will hardly be awake.
And I can't wear my Night/Day contacts either for surgery.  I will be blind too and I hate that.  I thought if you wear contacts normally for sleeping that you could keep them in --but the anesthesiologists need them out because of concerns for cornea scratches.
Last night I couldn't finish watching the "Grey's Anatomy" TV show because of them showing surgery.  I don't want to think about the actual procedure or see any of it!  I never could watch that or think about it so am trying not to imagine too many details!!

Those are a few of my thoughts, but am thinking positive and know I have a great surgeon and the care has been wonderful at the hospital throughout this.
I have so many friends and family helping out too!!

Love Ya!
LeAnn

3 comments:

  1. Oh LeAnn...I am so sorry to hear it is not over yet. I will certainly keep you in my prayers! Praying for strength, healing and comfort for you. I wish I could be there with you. Sending you my love and {{{{{hugs}}}}}, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you sending lots of hugs and prayers as you you go through this next step, keep us updated love you! Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will be thinking about you and praying all goes well tomorrow morning :) Hugs to you all! Love you, Barb

    ReplyDelete