Well-- I haven't blogged for awhile because it has been an eventful last couple of months...
In late September I went into the doctor for tests and more tests and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Crash - what a shock - no family history of it and I just thought it was lumpy tumors so didn't worry too much. I got the news the day my hubby and I were going our anniversary trip so we spent some time together and talking about it and didn't have to see anyone else for a few days, also could wait to tell the kids because they knew something was up with all the tests and Dr visits. In a previous blog I have some pictures of crashing waves and that's how I thought of it -crash -falling downward and another bump in the road to get over.
Hope - The good news it is a highly treatable cancer and in the last few months I have already been going through Chemotherapy, then will have surgery. There is always Hope and along the way I have been thinking positive. Lots of wonderful health care, lots of prayers and it is working---the tumors have shrunk!!!!
Details - I made it through the first round of chemo which was 2 types that made me tired for about 3-4 days after each of the 4 treatments. Very Fatigued and a lot of other small side effects. They give you so many anti nausea meds that you don't get too much of the sick feeling! I was dreading it because you hear all the stories of people puking, but that has changed for the better. I ate small snacks frequently and that helped too. One week the steroids you take after made me hungry all the time and antsy. It was kind of funny when I would sit for about 1 minute then get up and move around, sit down and get up again! I also was in the kitchen every hour for something to eat or would ask the kids to get me something to eat. All that and I didn't gain weight -it fluctuated 5-10 pounds up and down between the treatments. By the second week I was back to normal for the next treatment.
The next round is for 12 weeks/every week and so far I have had 2 treatments. One before Christmas and one yesterday. I feel Great!! This type is not so hard on the immune system and doesn't make you fatigued. (with the other one I couldn't go anywhere where there might be someone sick -so I missed a couple things and didn't go out much) So the last weeks I was able to enjoy the holiday parties!! We even hosted Christmas for the hubby's side of the family! I felt good! Still take some naps and don't do too much, but am up and around!
So I have been kept busy with all of this -it has been a lot of trips to the cancer center and then resting at home in between. I lost one job because of going through chemo, which was very unfair of them-that's the one at the city front desk which I was hoping would be going full time. The Creative Memories business hasn't been busy enough to make the sales goals and I haven't been able to have any parties so that is deactivated. So I am down to 1 job at my friend's Bridal store. She has been wonderful in scheduling me to work more hours on the week I am feeling good. And I guess in a way it has been great that I didn't have to be working when I need to focus on the treatment right now. Always think positive.
Also with all the Love and Support from my hubby, kids, family and friends, this has been easier to go though. Each day there has been something to be Thankful for!! We have received food when the freezer and fridge were empty, money when there are so many bills to pay, cookies and goodies at Christmas time, visits with special friends and family and wonderful gifts at Christmas!!
I wanted to update this blog before the end of the year and so you know what is happening with me since my blog name is Livin Life. Which is what I am doing! Keep on Livin, making it through the things that happen in Life and make it so hard some of the days. There are always good things that happen too- remember and focus on those also - and always have Hope.
Oh LeAnn how scary! I will be thinking of you with lots of love and prayers for a return to good health! There are always silver linings in every cloud and family and friends are sometimes amazing. With lots of love, Carol
ReplyDeleteSo glad this round of chemo is easier on you - was good to see you feeling better at Christmas! I like your last sentence - hoping and praying here too for the rest of your treatment to go well! Love you! ~Annette
ReplyDelete