Sunday, October 21, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile II

Things That Make Me Smile II. 

 (In no particular order)

  1. Fall Colors -when I am driving to work on the freeway in the morning,  the colors of the trees, bushes and grasses along the way were beautiful!  I did take pictures some days -yes I was driving, but I slowed way down and there were no other cars around!   One day it was lightly misting and the grasses were orange and it looked so beautiful.                                                         
  2. The Mississippi River - I stopped by the Mississippi River one gorgeous Fall day and took some time to enjoy the orange leaves.  Here is a picture from that day. 
  3. Relaxing Water Fountains and Sitting in the Sun -The same day I enjoyed the river views, I had some time to stop by our local city park and sit by the granite fountains and soak up some sun and relax.   Loved it!  I turned my face up to the sun and closed my eyes and listened to the water.  Nobody else around that morning.  Priceless relaxation!  I even took a video and am really glad I did that because the next day was cold and  the water was turned off.  Probably off for the season, so I won't be able to go back until next spring to enjoy this.  I will see if I can post the video for you to enjoy too!    








4.  Baby - Kicking her feet during baptism.  On the local televised Mass there was a cute baby getting baptized. You could see how happy she was because she was kicking her feet and waving her arms.  Babies usually make everyone smile!

5.  My dress clothes drying - my hubby hung all my black pants, shirts, and jackets up for me.  These are the clothes I put washing and then in the dryer and forgot about.  They were hung up all around our room so it looked like a Chinese laundry!

6.   Manolo Blahnik Shoes -oh my!  I have never seen a pair up close before and last weekend I touched a pair at an outlet store.  Weird huh?  Well - these designer shoes were originally priced $532, but were selling there for about $200.  Why and who would pay that much for gold strappy heels?  But these sandals were velvety soft and so rich feeling.  Just to see them made me smile.  Along with the Prada shoes and Coach boots and more shoes and more boots and scarves, hats and coats.  I bought a pair of Sugar tennis shoes for $11.70, more in my price range!  They are making me happy too.

7.  Friends and family. Was able to get together for a girls night out with 2 of my old roommates and a friend; Saw some of my family during an impromptu visit and they brought root beer floats and laughter; Received support from co-worker friends >one that I have known for 25 years;  Ran into a previous co-worker that I haven't worked with for about 15 years;  and also had a quick visit with my Mom & Dad!  It's been a busy week -but lots of things to make me smile!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment