Saw some trees turning yellow and red along the freeway -would of liked to stop and take a picture. Nature is pretty this time of year. Enjoyed a walk in the woods and across a meadow by the Mighty Mississippi last weekend. Sitting on a log branch right on the riverbank and no one around was so indescribable. Peaceful, relaxing, yet inspirational. I am the one that reads the information at the places we go and this park information said the area was unchanged from 200 years ago when Zebulon Pike explored the Mississippi - that would mean it is the same as when only the Native Americans were here. From where I was sitting the only thing I could see was river, trees and sky. One boat pulled up to the other side of the river and the top of a tent peeking out of the trees. We will go again and I will bring my camera.
![]() |
| Here is a picture from camping along the Mississippi River in August. |
Poem about the Mississippi River that seems appropriate right here.
Rival
the River
If
you’re distressed, depressed, and rife
With
anguish and dismay,
Just
mime the Mississippi and
Keep
rolling on your way.
Learn
to bend and weave your way through
Hard
rock and tough terrain,
Not
letting forward progress be
Bound,
fettered, or constrained.
Stay
focused and relentless; from
Your
goals do not digress.
Let no
snags snarl and block your way;
Be
steadfast in your quest.
Mock
the mindset of the river;
Forge
on to oceans deep
Where
wave of possibilities
Wait
ready to be reaped.
When
tides fall low, do not lose heart;
Keep
fear and angst suppressed.
When
tides rise, catch the crest and ride
The
surge to your success.
By Martha Gaetz, St. Cloud
Additional Reflections
Lots of weddings going on this month. Beautiful time for even an outside wedding. Since it is anniversary time for us too - I am reflecting back to the year we were married. Wonderful summer-like day and fall evening. We had pictures taken outside. Doesn't really seem that long ago, but I guess a lot has happened in 20 years. Good stuff mostly!
Keeping a to-do list, but also not worrying too much about what doesn't get done today. Enjoying each day and every day that I get to work some hours at each job. I should no longer say "I have to go to work today" - instead I will say "I get to go to work today!" So thankful for the wonderful part-time jobs that are keeping me busy right now and paying some bills. Also hopeful for more hours and higher pay in the near future. And am very glad my husband is working and is the greatest help at home too!
Happy September - may you have a wonderful month of beautiful days!

No comments:
Post a Comment