Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Something To Do

Bored and Lazy. Cabin Fever. An easy project or Something To Do.
For no reason at all, except I think it's cool.
I took in the winter/holiday display from outside.  It had a wreath, snowy green pine boughs and some pine cones in it.  I stored away the (fake) greenery.  But the pine cones were real and open.

Step 1.   Soak 2 pines cones in water about 1/2 hour.  It can be warm water and you can let it sit in the sun!


 Step 2.  After they closed back up, take out of the water. Set upright.  You can let them sit in the sun again, but you don't have to.  I put a plastic lid underneath to collect the water.


Step 3.  Observe every so often.  Like 2-3 times a day.

Step 4.  Check back in the morning.

Step 5.  And the 2nd day they should be back opened up again.  
Fun!  Sorry if I told you this before, I am a dork.
:)



:)

Then Quick--Make a trip to the Cities before the next snow.  Supposed to be a big storm. A blizzard coming our way. Good thing that the doctor appointment was during the day and the snow wasn't starting until 11pm!!  
We had a wonderful safe trip, made it early, found our way to the right clinic, appointment went fine, the Sun was out, stopped at a few places and detoured on the way home to eat and shop. And since we were close to Minnehaha Falls, we stopped there too.  Frozen, but soon to start melting.

Look at those people so far below us, standing on the ice.  We just looked from above.  I don't remember being here before --so it was fun to see for a few minutes in the frozen state.  Definitely will go back when its thawed out.  Parking was only .75 cents. 




We hadn't been to Trader Joe's before.  LOVED IT!  We filled our basket with lots of good organic food.  Really not too bad of prices either for all that I bought.   I got this pictured above, veggie straws, pita chips, some carrots, Greek yogurt, cheese and dark chocolate covered almonds.  My daughter bought the coffee K cups and some dried fruit bars.  The kids are home on break from school, so now they have some snacks for  few days.
And I got to see and smell fresh flowers.  A huge display in the front of the store, so Spring looking! They also had tulips for sale.  Free sniffs! Happy March!!!

P.S. It didn't start snowing until like 6am this morning.  No wind yet, but that could be coming this way. (per the weather forecasters and the news-could all change in a couple hours.)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I've done that with pine cones before! You are not alone in your dorkness! :)
    And I love those veggie straws!

    ReplyDelete