This year we planned a sisters' ornament exchange. Names were drawn between 11 of us and we each made an ornament and mailed it to the sister who's name we had. The deadline was Dec 10th to get it done so each would have it for Christmas. Most of them are received or in the mail so I can show the ornament I made on this blog. I had one of my Alaska sisters so I did get it sent on time. Here is the picture and instructions:
Easy Christmas Ornament
Take 2 small Styrofoam plates.
Turn one upside down on top of the other.
Tape together 4 sides.
Cut a piece of nice scrapbook paper to fit top of plate.
Print a nice Christmas greeting with a gold or silver pen. To: From: and Merry Christmas works well.
Tape this paper onto plate.
Punch out some snowflake or snowman shapes if you want to decorate it more and glue these onto the paper.
Bend a large paperclip and insert one end into the top of the plates to create the hanger.
Easy to make craft, would work well for kids too!
Just Kidding!!!
Here is the one like I made for my sister.... The paper plates were to protect the paper ornament during shipping. :) Found that idea on a blog when I Googled paper ornaments.
The instructions to make these are on the Creative Memories blog. It shows them on a card, but I made them with some nice Christmas scrapbook paper called Noel. Then I added the Vellum sayings and punched out snowflakes with the Mini Snowflake punch to decorate. I then used fishing line to hang them up! http://blogs.creativememories.com/product_solutions/
PS. I started out scoring the paper, but then I just accordion folded in equal 1/2 inch sizes and it worked just as well. No need to score the paper. But use something to clip together and weight down the ornament while the glue is drying. Binder clips work great like they show and the punches I had weighed enough to hold it while gluing the middle decorations.
Here are some others I made while on a roll making paper ornaments.
I have some more, but need to get going right now so will add more later.
Happy Holiday Crafting!
Here are a few more pictures of paper ornaments. Real easy and fun.







Cute ornaments-especially the ones you made for Alisa!
ReplyDeleteDo those chick-o-sticks have chocolate? If not, I am going to have to see if I can find some-I loved butterfingers before I had to quit eating chocolate.
Ha ha I love the start of your blog!
ReplyDeleteKari~
I added more pictures of ornaments.
ReplyDeleteKarla, No Chocolate -it's like the inside, but maybe a little more coconut. Yum I have one in the cupboard I haven't eaten yet. Bought 2 last time!
LOL I got a good chuckle out of the first part of your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteps...LeAnn since you like chick-o-sticks, see if you can find a candy bar called Zagnut! They are almost the same, maybe more coconut and softer. You will LOVE them!:)~Riita